Landscape organizes everything within sight.

Thursday, January 26, 2006

Pictures of trash, weird shapes, and light


blowing wreath
Originally uploaded by joguldi.
Robert Arnold, the documentarian, is my photo mentor, and occasionally I get the honor of wandering and shooting with him around parts of San Francisco.

The more the aesthetic of urban life grows on me, the more I develop a fondness for hard textures, weird shapes, stark contrasts, and bizarre juxtapositions.

I can't really imagine living in the polite Victorian mansions of Pacific Heights or the clean bungalows of North Beach.

Gritty and fascinating, the area between the Mission District and Potrero Hill forces me to keep moving, curious, and awake.

See the rest at my Flickr page, or visit the pool for photos of interesting trash.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home